Case 1:05-cv-00626-JJF Document 77-2 Filed O2/13/2007 Page1 of 3
Case 1 :05-cv-00626-JJF Document 77-2 Filed O2/13/2007 Page 2 of 3
IN THE UNTED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF DELAWARE
RICKY J. HAMBY, )
) Civ. N0. 05-626-JJF
DR. ALI, et al., )
DECLARATION OF ANNAMARTINA L. TYREUS IN SUPPORT
OF THE SUGGESTION OF DEATH
I, ANNAMARTINA L. TYREUS, hereby declare under penalty of perjury as follows:
l. l am an associate at Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, PLLC, and am counsel of record
for Plaintiff in the within action. The following facts are within my personal knowledge and, if
called as a witness, I could and would competently testify thereto.
2. On Wednesday, January 31, 2007, Mr. Hamby met with myself and my co-counsel A
Stephen J. MacKenzie at our office in Wilmington, Delaware.
3. On Thursday, February l, 2007, I received a telephone call from the Department of
Corrections regarding the whereabouts of Mr. Hamby because he had not reported back to the A
Plummer Center Wednesday evening.
4. On Friday, February 2, 2007, I read in the news that a fugitive from Plummer Center was
shot and killed by probation officers early Friday morning.
Case 1:05-cv-00626-JJF Document 77-2 Filed O2/13/2007 Page 3 of 3
5. On Saturday, February 3, 2007, the paper reported Mr. Hamby’s name as the fugitive
shot and killed Friday morning.
6. My contact at the Department of Correction could not be reached for verification.
7. I contacted Erika Tross and she confirmed Mr. Hamby’s death.
I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed this /g/A of F ebmary, 2007 in Wilmington, Delaware.
AnnaMartina L. Tyreus c