COURT COUNTY .OF. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......... .. PETITIONER: :
ADVISEMENT AND WAIVER OF RIGHTS RE: ESTABLISHMENT OF PARENTAL RELATIONSHIP 1. RIGHT TO BE REPRESENTED BY A LAWYER. I understand that I have the right to be represented by a lawyer of my JUDICIAL SUBPOENA Plaintiff(s) own choice at my own expense. If I cannot afford a lawyer, I can contact the Lawyer Referral Association of the local -against: bar association or the Family Law Facilitator for assistance.
: 2. RIGHT TO A TRIAL. I understand that I have a right to have a judge determine whether I am the parent of the children named in this action. :
3. RIGHT TO CONFRONT AND CROSS-EXAMINE WITNESSES. I understand that in a trial I have the right to confront Defendant(s) and cross-examine the witnesses against me and to present evidence: and witnesses in my own defense.
4. RIGHT TO HAVE PARENTAGE TESTS. I understand that, where the law permits, I have the right to have the court order parentage tests. The court will decide who pays for the tests. The court could order that I pay none, some, or all of the costs of the tests.
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
5. OBLIGATIONS. I understand that if I admit that I am the parent of the children in this action that those children will be myTO children for legal purposes. 6. WAIVER. I understand that I am admitting that I am the parent of the children named in the stipulation and am giving up the rights stated above (except the right to an attorney if I have an attorney).
7. CHILD SUPPORT. I understand that I will have the duty to contribute to the support of the children named in this action and that this duty of support willthat all business and excuses the obligation is terminated by law. WE COMMAND YOU, continue for each child until being laid aside, you and each of you attend before
8. CRIMINALof located at County NON-SUPPORT. I understand that if I willfully fail to support the children, criminal proceedings may be initiated against me. , on the in room day of , 20 , at o'clock in the noon, and at any recessed 9. UNDERSTANDING. ATTORNEY, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT MY ATTORNEY HAS READ AND EXPLAINED I have read and understand the Judgment (Uniform Parentage-- a. TO ME THE CONTENTS OF THE Custody and Support) (form FL-250) and this Advisement and STIPULATION, RECITALS, AND WAIVERS, Waiver of Rights. AND I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I Your failure to comply and will b. I understand the translation.with this subpoena is punishable as a contempt of court THEM. make you liable to UNDERSTAND
Date: IF I AM REPRESENTED BY AN or adjourned date, to testify and give evidence as a witness in this action on the part of the
the party on whose behalf this subpoena was issued for a maximum penalty of $50 and all damages sustained as a result of your failure to comply. , one of the Justices of the day of , 20
(SIGNATURE OF DECLARANT)
Witness, Honorable (TYPE OR PRINT NAME) Court in County,
(Attorney 1. The Petitioner Respondent is unable to read or understand the must sign above and type name below) Judgment (Uniform Parentage--Custody and Support) (form FL-250) and this Advisement and Waiver of Rights because: a. his/her primary language is (specify): b. other (specify): Attorney(s) for
2. I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that I have, to the best of my ability, read or translated for the Petitioner Respondent the Judgment (Uniform Parentage--Custody and Support) (form FL-250) and this Respondent said he or she understood the Judgment (Uniform Advisement and Waiver of Rights. Petitioner Parentage--Custody and Support) (form FL-250) and this Advisement and Waiver of Rights Address Office and P.O. before signing them. Date:
(TYPE OR PRINT NAME)
Form Approved for Optional Use Judicial Council of California FL-235 [Rev. January 1, 2003]
ESTABLISHMENT OF PARENTAL RELATIONSHIP
Telephone No.: (SIGNATURE OF INTERPRETER) Facsimile No.: E-Mail Address: ADVISEMENT AND WAIVER OF RIGHTS RE: Mobile Tel. No.:
Page 1 of 1 Family Code, § 7600 et seq. www.courtinfo.ca.gov.
American LegalNet, Inc. www.USCourtForms.com