Free Name Change Form

A Name Change Form is used to change an individual's name. Your name can be changed for a variety of reasons, including marriage or divorce or just the desire to do so. This form contains all the necessary information including an application, notice and consent of spouse or parent if one is necessary.

Disclaimer:This was not drafted by an attorney & should not be used as a legal document.

Name Change
 I, ____________ hereby change my name from ______________________(former name) to __________________ (new name)

1. I was born on the ____________________ in ____________County, State of _______________.  I am a current resident of ______________ County, _____________ (State), and I am a citizen or lawful resident of the United States of America.

2. I have been formerly known as ____________ for a period of ___   years and have made this request  ______________ Court in the District of ______________ for the following reason(s):


________________________                        _______________

Signature                                                                      Date

The forms on this site are provided "As-Is." By using these forms you agree that you are using them at your own risk. Most of the free forms are not prepared by an attorney and may need substantial modification. Additional disclaimers can be found in our Terms of Use.