Free Deliver (or serve) copies of the documents to those who must receive them - Colorado

File Size: 26.7 kB
Pages: 1
Date: June 19, 2009
File Format: PDF
State: Colorado
Category: Court Forms - State
Author: b888clh
Word Count: 653 Words, 3,900 Characters
Page Size: Letter (8 1/2" x 11")

Download Deliver (or serve) copies of the documents to those who must receive them ( 26.7 kB)

Preview Deliver (or serve) copies of the documents to those who must receive them
General Steps to Getting a Divorce or Legal Separation With No Children of This Marriage
For detailed information, please read the step-by-step instructions - JDF 1099. Forms are available at: Check with the court clerk regarding local court procedures and requirements. 1. Decide How You Will File. You need to decide if you and your spouse will be signing the Petition jointly in front
of a Notary Public or Court Clerk or if only you will be completing the forms to start the process.

2. File in the County Where you or Your Spouse Reside. Either party must reside in Colorado for at
least 90 days. Complete Information Sheet (JDF 1000), not filing jointly. Pay the filing fee. Petition (JDF 1101), and Summons (JDF 1102) if

3. Review Documents Received from the Court. You may receive a date for an Initial Status Conference.
Please mark this date on your calendar. You may also receive a local court Case Management Order (CMO). Read this information carefully to determine if additional documents must be provided to the Court, e.g. paycheck stubs.

If filing jointly, proceed with Step 6. If filing on your own, proceed with Step 4. 4. Complete Personal Service. In order for the Court to hear your case, your spouse must be personally served by a disinterested party who is 18 years or older with copies of the documents mentioned in Step 2 plus any documents received from the Court in Step 3. It is important to remember that the other party must have the same documents that you have. 5. Provide Proof of Service to the Court. Once you obtain proof of service (notarized Return of Service) such proof must be provided to the Court. There is a mandatory 90-day waiting period before your divorce or legal separation can be final. The 90-day waiting period begins once the documents have been served to the other party or when the Petition is filed, if filed jointly. 6. Complete Forms. (JDF 1111, JDF 1115, and JDF 1201 must be signed before a notary by either one or both parties. Please make sure this requirement is met before you file your documents with the Court.)
before a notary.)
Certificate of Compliance (JDF 1104) (Both parties must complete their own.) Sworn Financial Statement (JDF 1111) (Both parties must complete their own.) Affidavit for Decree without Appearance (1201) Separation Agreement (JDF 1115)

Decree (JDF 1116)(Caption only)

Pretrial Statement (JDF 1129) Only complete this form if you and your spouse do not agree on all issues identified in the Separation Agreement.

7. Initial Status Conference. The Initial Status Conference is an opportunity to discuss the status of your case,
exchange forms ( and ) and documents identified in the CMO, and provide the Court with any other forms you and your spouse have completed. Attendance at the Status Conference may be not required, if all forms are completed in Step 6 and filed with the Court prior to the Status Conference. Please check with the Court regarding their procedures.

If you and the other party agree on all issues, proceed with Step 10. If you and the other party do not agree on all issues, proceed with Step 8. 8. Mediation. You and the other party may be required to participate in mediation prior to a Contested Hearing. This is an opportunity to resolve any issues. You will need to provide proof of the mediation to the Court. 9. Contested Hearing. Be prepared to present evidence and testimony regarding what you are requesting.
Complete and file with the Court the Pretrial Statement (JDF 1129). This form must be filed with the Court and provided to the other party 10 days prior to the hearing.

10. Issuance of Decree. If all documents are complete, your
at the conclusion of your Contested Hearing.

Decree may be entered on or after the 91st day or