BOE-501-CD (FRONT) REV. 8 (7-07)
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
CIGARETTE DISTRIBUTOR'S TAX REPORT DUE ON OR BEFORE
BOARD USE ONLY
RA-B/A RR-QS AUD FILE REG REF
YOUR ACCOUNT NO. EFF
BOARD OF EQUALIZATION EXCISE TAXES DIVISION P O BOX 942879 SACRAMENTO CA 94279-2074
READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE PREPARING
PART 1 - CIGARETTE STOCK AND TAX SUMMARY NUMBER OF CIGARETTES
1. Inventory first of month (Should agree with Part 1, line 6 of previous month's report)
1a. Without stamps affixed 1b. With stamps affixed 1c. Total (add lines 1a and 1b)
1a. 1b. 1c. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6a. 6b. 6c.
2. Purchased without stamps affixed (Schedule A attached) 3. Purchased with stamps affixed 4. 5. Total cigarettes to account for (add lines 1c through 4) 6a. Without stamps affixed 6. Deduct inventory end of month (see Instruction 8) 6b. With stamps affixed 6c. Total (add lines 6a and 6b) 6d. Represents physical inventory - check here Date of actual inventory
7. Total distributions during month (subtract line 6c from line 5) 8. Deduct tax exempt distributions 8a. Sold and shipped in interstate or foreign commerce (Schedule C attached) 8b. Sold to interstate foreign passenger common carriers 8c. Sold to U.S. Military exchanges, commissaries, ship stores & U.S. Veterans Admin. 8d. Sold by original importers to licensed distributor (see Instruction 4) 8e. 8f. Total exemptions (add lines 8a through 8e) 9. Taxable Distributions (subtract line 8f from line 7) 10. Rate of tax per cigarette 11. Tax value on taxable distributions (multiply line 9 by line 10) 12. Tax value affixed to packages sold (enter from Part 2, line 8) 13. Difference, if any, between lines 11 and 12 8a. 8b. 8c. 8d. 8e.
NUMBER OF CIGARETTES
8f. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. $ $ $ $
I hereby certify that this report, including any accompanying schedules and statements, has been examined by me and to the best of my knowledge and belief is a true, correct, and complete report.
YOUR SIGNATURE AND TITLE TELEPHONE NUMBER DATE
This report must be signed. Make a copy of this document for your records. Cigarette Schedule F (BOE-501-CFS) must be attached.
BOE-501-CD (BACK) REV. 8 (7-07)
PART 2 - STAMP ACCOUNT FOR CALENDAR MONTH
TAX VALUE PRIOR TO DISCOUNT
1. Inventory first of month (Should agree with Part 2, line 5 of previous month's report)
1a. Tax value of stamp inventory unaffixed 1b. Tax value of stamps affixed to packages 1c. Total (add lines 1a and 1b)
1a. 1b. 1c. 2. 3. 4. 5a. 5b. 5c. 6. 7. 8. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $
2. Tax value of stamps purchased 3. Tax value on tax paid cigarette purchases 4. Total tax value to account for (add lines 1c through 3) 5a. Tax value of stamp inventory unaffixed 5b. Tax value of stamps affixed to packages 5c. Total (add lines 5a and 5b) 6. Tax value of stamps used (subtract line 5c from line 4) 7. Deduct unusable stamps for which claim has been filed (see Instructions 5) 8. Tax value affixed to packages sold (to Part 1, line 12)
5. Deduct inventory end of month (see instructions 5 & 7)
Every cigarette distributor in this state must file this report and supporting schedules on or before the 25th day of the month following the monthly reporting period. A duplicate of the report, together with all supporting records should be retained on the licensed premise for verification by Board auditors. Cigarette Schedule F (BOE-501-CFS) must be attached.
1. Include only federal tax paid cigarettes in this report. 2. The report must cover all cigarette, stamp and sample transactions for an entire calendar month. 3. Sale of cigarettes from one distributor to another distributor is taxable. An appropriate stamp shall be affixed to packages of cigarettes sold to another distributor. 4. The sale of cigarettes by the original importer of cigarettes manufactured outside the United States to a licensed distributor is exempt (Part 1, line 8d). 5. Amounts shown in Part 2, line 7, must be in agreement with Refund Claims (BOE-1024) filed for the month for unusable stamps returned to the Board. If claim has not been filed for damaged stamps, such stamps should be included in unaffixed inventory (Part 2, line 5a). 6. Adjustments or corrections to a report for a prior month should be made on an amended report for that month or by letter addressed to the Board explaining the adjustment in detail. Do not show such adjustments on this report. 7. Every distributor is required to keep daily records of the number of tax stamps used in their affixing operations. Physical inventories of unused tax stamps on hand at the end of each month must be taken and all unaffixed and affixed tax stamps on hand must be reported on Part 2, lines 5a and 5b.
8. Enter the inventory at the end of the month on Part 1, line 6 and the date of the last physical inventory on line 6c. If you have a cycle count inventory system and perpetual inventory system in place, the monthly statement shall be based on the perpetual inventory report run on the last business day of the month for which the wholesaler's report is filed. However, at least once every calendar year, the monthly statement shall be based on a physical inventory of cigarettes on hand on the last business day of the month for which the wholesaler's report is filed. A "cycle count inventory system" is a system that provides evidence that all cigarettes are counted on a regular basis, with each item being counted at least once every three-month period. A "perpetual inventory system" is a system in which inventory records are maintained and updated continuously as items are purchased or sold. If you do not have a cycle count inventory system and perpetual inventory system in place, the monthly statement shall be based on the inventory on hand at the end of the month covered by the report. However, at least once every six months, the monthly statement shall be based on a physical inventory of cigarettes on hand performed within the last five days of the month for which the distributor or wholesaler's report is filed. 9. If applicable, attach the following forms to the original copy of this report filed with the Board: Form BOE-501-CAS, Schedule A - Distributor's Record of Cigarettes Received Form BOE-501-CCS, Schedule C - Report of Export of Cigarettes Form BOE-501-CFS, Schedule F - Cigarette Schedule F If you wish additional information, please contact the State Board of Equalization, Excise Taxes Division, 450 N Street, P.O. Box 942879, Sacramento, CA 94279-0056, Telephone 800-400-7115.