TEXAS FIREWORKS TAX RETURN a. T Code 30100
c. Taxpayer number d. Filing period
DO NOT WRITE IN SHADED AREAS
f. Due date
g. Name and mailing address (Make any necessary name or address changes below.)
Blacken this box if your mailing address has changed. Show changes by preprinted information. Blacken this box if you are no longer in business, and enter the date you went out of business below. Month Day
Under Ch. 559, Government Code, you are entitled to review, request and correct information we have on file about you, with limited exceptions in accordance with Ch. 552, Government Code. To request information for review or to request error correction, contact us at the address or toll-free number listed below. Federal Privacy Act - Disclosure of your social security number is required and authorized under law, for the purpose of tax administration and identification of any individual affected by applicable law, 42 U.S.C. Sec. 405(c)(2)(C)(i); Tex. Govt. Code Secs. 403.011 and 403.078. Release of information on this form in response to a public information request will be governed by the Public Information Act, Chapter 552, Government Code, and applicable federal law. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS WHO SHOULD FILE - If you collect tax on the retail sale of fireworks, you are Please do not write in shaded areas. If any preprinted information on this return is required to file this return in addition to your regular sales tax return. incorrect, OR if you do not qualify to file this return, contact the Comptroller's office at one of the numbers listed below. Enter "0" if the amount is zero. If any amounts WHEN TO FILE - Returns must be filed or postmarked on or before the 20th day of entered are negative, bracket them as follows:
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING TEXAS FIREWORKS TAX RETURN
1. TOTAL SALES OF FIREWORKS - Enter the total amount (not including tax) 2. TAXABLE AMOUNT - Enter the total amount of TAXABLE sales
of fireworks made during the reporting period. (Whole dollars only) of all fireworks sales made during the reporting period (Whole dollars only)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
3. FIREWORKS TAX RATE 4. FIREWORKS TAX DUE (Multiply Item 2 by Item 3) 5. TIMELY DISCOUNT - If you are filing your return and paying the tax on or before the due date, multiply Item 4 by .005 6. PRIOR PAYMENTS - If you requested that a prior payment and/or an overpayment be applied
to this specific period, the amount, as of the date of this return, is preprinted in Item 6
7. NET FIREWORKS TAX DUE (Subtract Items 5 and 6 from Item 4)(Report dollars and cents)
8. Penalty due - If this report is filed or the tax due is paid after the due date, enter penalty. (If 1-30 days late, enter 9. Interest due (If any tax is unpaid 61 days after the due date, enter interest on the amount
in Item 7. Calculate interest at the rate published online at www.window.state.tx.us or call the Comptroller's office toll free at (877) 447-2834 for the applicable interest rate.) 5% of the amount in Item 7. If more than 30 days late, enter 10% of the amount in Item 7. Minimum penalty $1.)
8. 9. 10.
10. TOTAL AMOUNT DUE AND PAYABLE (Sum of Items 7, 8 and 9)
Taxpayer name T Code Taxpayer number Period
Mail to: Make the amount in Item 10 COMPTROLLER OF PUBLIC ACCOUNTS payable to: P.O. Box 149361 STATE COMPTROLLER Austin, Texas 78714-9361 If you have any questions regarding the Fireworks Tax, you may contact the Texas State Comptroller's field office in your area or call (800) 252-5555 toll free nationwide. The local number in Austin is (512) 463-4600. Our e-mail address is email@example.com.
I declare that the information in this document and any attachments is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. Taxpayer or duly authorized agent Daytime phone Date