FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXECUTION PROCEEDINGS - JUDGMENT DEBTOR WHO IS NOT A NATURAL PERSON, APPLICATION AND EXECUTION
JD-CV-24N Rev. 4-08 C.G.S. 52-367a
STATE OF CONNECTICUT SUPERIOR COURT www.jud.ct.gov (See page 2 for instructions to financial institution)
INSTRUCTIONS - JUDGMENT CREDITOR OR ATTORNEY 1. Type or print legibly. 2. Complete the application section; prepare original and 2 copies. 3. Present original and all copies to clerk of court. ADDRESS OF COURT
INSTRUCTIONS - CLERK 1. Check the file to ensure that the information provided on the application is correct. 2. Sign original execution. 3. Return original and 1 copy to applicant, retain a copy for file. JUDICIAL DISTRICT HOUSING SESSION G.A. DOCKET NO.
NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS OF JUDGMENT CREDITOR OR ATTORNEY (To be completed by Judgment Creditor)
NAME(S) AND ADDRESS(ES) OF JUDGMENT CREDITOR(S)
NAME(S) AND ADDRESS(ES) OF JUDGMENT DEBTOR(S)
DATE OF JUDGMENT
1. AMOUNT OF JUDGMENT (Include, where applicable, prejudgment interest and attorney's fees)
2. AMOUNT OF COSTS
3. AMOUNT OF JUDGMENT, COSTS AND FEES (Add 1 and 2)
4. TOTAL AMOUNT PAID (If any)
5. TOTAL AMOUNT UNPAID (Subtract 4 from 3) 6. APPLICATION FEE FOR FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXECUTION (If not waived by the court) $0.00 8. TOTAL OF ITEMS 5, 6 AND 7
7. OTHER COURT ORDERED POSTJUDGMENT COSTS AND FEES SIGNED (Judgment Creditor or Attorney)
DATE SIGNED TELEPHONE NO.
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXECUTION TO ANY PROPER OFFICER, Whereas on said Date of Judgment the above-named Judgment Creditor(s) recovered judgment against the above-named Judgment Debtor(s) before the above-named court for the amount of judgment, costs and fees stated above, as appears of record, whereof execution remains to be done. These are, therefore, BY AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF CONNECTICUT TO COMMAND YOU: Make demand upon the main office of any financial institution having its main office within your county, or if such main office is not within your county and such financial institution has one or more branch offices within your county, upon an employee of such a branch office, such employee and such branch office having been designated by the financial institution in accordance with regulations adopted by the commissioner of banking, for payment to you of any debt due said Judgment Debtor(s), which sum shall not exceed the total unpaid judgment, costs and fees as stated above, plus post judgment interest on the unpaid amount of said judgment, from its date until the time when this execution shall be satisfied, plus the application fee and other court ordered post- judgment costs and fees and your own fees. Said sum shall be received by you and applied on this execution. After having made such demand you are directed to serve a true and attested copy hereof, with your doings thereon endorsed, with the financial institution officer upon whom such demand was made.
HEREOF FAIL NOT, AND MAKE DUE RETURN OF THIS WRIT WITH YOUR DOINGS THEREON, ACCORDING TO LAW.
For Court Use Only
SIGNED (Assistant Clerk)
PAGE 1 OF 2
FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXECUTION PROCEEDINGS
NOTE: The provisions of section 52-367a, as amended from time to time, take precedence over these instructions.
INSTRUCTIONS TO FINANCIAL INSTITUTION UPON RECEIPT OF A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION EXECUTION WHEN JUDGMENT DEBTOR IS NOT A NATURAL PERSON
1. You must remove from the judgment debtor's account the amount of any debts due from you to the judgment debtor not exceeding the Total Amount Unpaid as appears on page 1 of this form, plus interest and the Application Fee for Financial Institution Execution and court ordered postjudgment costs or fees and the serving officer's fee. 2. Except as provided in #4 below, you must immediately pay to the serving officer the amount removed from the judgment debtor's account. Nothing herein shall be construed to affect any other rights or obligations of the financial institution with regard to the funds in the judgment debtor's account. 3. You must act on this execution according to section 42a-4-303 of the general statutes, before your midnight deadline. 4. If the deposit account is subject to a security interest of a secured party, other than you, pursuant to a control agreement between you and such secured party under article 9 of title 42a, and if any funds removed from the judgment debtor's account pursuant to subsection (c) of section 52-367a of the general statutes you shall forthwith mail a copy of the execution when received from the serving officer, postage prepaid, to the judgment debtor and to such other secured party at the last known address of such parties with respect to the affected accounts on your records. You shall hold the amount removed from the judgment debtor's account for twenty days from the date of the mailing to the judgment debtor and such other secured party, and during such period you shall not pay the serving officer. Such other secured party shall give notice of its prior perfected security interest in such deposit account, by delivering to the clerk of the court that issued the execution a written claim for determination of interests in property pursuant to section 52-365c and by delivering a copy of such claim to the financial institution upon which such execution is served. 5. If a written claim for determination of interests in property is made pursuant to subsection (e) of section 52-367a of the general statutes, you shall continue to hold the amount removed from the judgment debtor's account until a court order is received regarding disposition of the funds. If no written claim for determination of interests in property is made you shall, upon demand, forthwith pay the serving officer the amount removed from the judgment debtor's account, and the serving officer shall thereupon pay such sum, less such serving officer's fees, to the judgment creditor, except to the extent otherwise ordered by a court.
JD-CV-24N (back/page 2) Rev. 4-08
PAGE 2 OF 2