Free Sample Affidavit of Title Form
Affidavits of Title are used to verify specific information about a property. This affidavit is generally used at a real estate closing and affirms that the seller owns the property which is being sold.
Disclaimer:This was not drafted by an attorney & should not be used as a legal document.
AFFIDAVIT OF TITLE
State of ____________________________)
County of ___________________________)
The undersigned, _________________________, hereinafter referred to as Seller(s) do/does hereby depose and say as follows:
1. Seller(s) own(s) certain real estate (hereinafter referred to as the Property), which is legally described as follows:
And is commonly known as: __________________________________________.
2. Seller(s) is/are over 18 years of age and under no legal disability.
3. This Affidavit is made by Seller(s) in connection with the sale of the Property to ___________________________, hereinafter referred to as Buyer(s) and is given to induce the Buyer(s) to make or complete the purchase of the Property.
4. Seller(s) have/had no debts, outstanding taxes or special assessments, outstanding contracts, or liabilities that could give rise to or result in a lien or a claim of lien against the Property or any fixtures now located in or on the Property subject to any conditional sales contracts, chattel mortgages, or other security interests.
5. There are no leases, oral or written or other arrangements concerning the Property under which any person other than Seller(s) has any possessory rights in the Property.
6. There is no outstanding contract, unrecorded deed, mortgage, or other conveyance affection the Property executed by Seller(s) or to the knowledge of Seller(s).
Subscribed and sworn to before me on _____________.
My commission expires: __________________________