O C JA 31 D EA TH PEN ALTY PR O C EED IN G S: EX PA R TE R EQ U EST FO R AU TH O R IZA TIO N AN D V O U C HER FO R EX PER T A N D O TH ER SER V IC ES (R ev. 9/05) 1. C IR ./D IST./ D IV . C O D E 3. M AG . D KT./D EF. N U M BER 7. IN C ASE /M ATTER O F (C ase N am e) 2. PERSO N R EPRESEN TED 4. D IST. D KT./D EF. N U M BER V O U C HER N U M BER 5. APPEALS D KT./D EF. N U M BER 6. O THER D KT. N U M BER
8. TY PE PERSO N R EPRESEN TED G Adult Defendant G Ap p e l l a n t G Other G Habeas Petitioner G Appellee
9. R EPRESEN TATIO N TY PE G D1 28 U.S.C. § 2254 Habeas (Capital) G D3 28 U.S.C. § 2255 (Capital) G D2 Federal Capital Prosecution G D4 Other (Specify)
10. OFFENSE(S) CHARGED (Cite U.S. Code, Title & Section) If more than one offense, list (up to five) major offenses charged, according to severity of offense.
REQUEST AND AUTHORIZATION FOR EXPERT SERVICES
11. ATTO R N EY 'S STATEM EN T As the attorney for the person represented, who is named above, I hereby affirm that the services requested are necessary for adequate representation. I hereby request: OR G Authorization to obtain the service. Estimated Compensation and Expenses: Z G Approval of services already obtained to be paid for by the United States pursuant to the Criminal Justice Act. (See Instructions)
Panel Attorney G Retained Attorney G Pro-Se G Legal Organization ATTO R N EY 'S N AM E (First N am e, M .I., Last N am e, including any suffix), AN D M AILIN G AD D R ESS
12. D ESCR IPTIO N O F AN D JU STIFIC ATIO N FO R SERV IC ES (See Instructions) 13. TY PE O F SERV IC E PRO V ID ER 01 G Investigator 02 G Interpreter/Translator 03 G Psychologist 04 G Psychiatrist 05 G Polygraph 06 G Documents Examiner 07 G Fingerprint Analyst 08 G Accountant 09 G CALR (Westlaw/Lexis, etc.) 10 G Chemist/Toxicologist 11 G Ballistics 13 G Weapons/Firearms/Explosive Expert 14 G Pathologist/Medical Examiner 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
G Other Medical G Voice/Audio Analyst G Hair/Fiber Expert G Computer (Hardware/
14. C O U R T O R D ER
Financial eligibility of the person represented having been established to the Court's satisfaction, the authorization requested in Item 11 is hereby granted.
Signature of Presiding Judge or By Order of the Court Date of Order Nunc Pro Tunc Date Repayment or partial repayment ordered from the person represented for this service at time of authorization. G YES G NO 15. STAG E O F PR O C EED IN G
G Paralegal Services G Legal Analyst/Consultant G Jury Consultant G Mitigation Specialist G Duplication Services
G Other (Specify)
a. b. c. d.
G G G G
Check the box which corresponds to the stage of the proceeding during which the work claimed at Item 16 was performed even if the work is intended to be used in connection with a later stage of the proceeding. CHECK NO MORE THAN ONE BOX. Submit a separate voucher for each stage of the proceeding. C APITAL PR O SEC U TIO N HABEAS C O R PU S O THER PR O C EED IN G Pre-Trial e. G Appeal g. G Habeas Petition k. G Petition for the l. o. G Other G Stay of Execution Trial f. G Petition for the h. G Evidentiary Hearing U.S. Supreme Court m. Appeal of Denial of Stay G Sentencing U.S. Supreme Court i. G Dispositive Motions Writ of Certiorari n. G Petition for Writ of Certiorari to the U.S. Other Post Trial Writ of Certiorari j. G Appeal Supreme Court Regarding Denial of Stay
CLAIM FOR SERVICES AND EXPENSES
16. SERVICES AND EXPENSES (Attach itemization of services with dates)
a. C ompensation b. Travel Expenses (lodging, parking, m eals, m ileage, etc.) c. O ther Expenses
FOR COURT USE ONLY
AMOUNT CLAIMED MATH/TECHNICAL ADJUSTED AMOUNT ADDITIONAL REVIEW
GRAND TOTALS (CLAIMED AND ADJUSTED):
17. PAY EE'S N AM E (First N am e, M .I., Last N am e, including any suffix), AN D M AILIN G AD D R ESS
CLAIMANT'S CERTIFICATION FOR PERIOD OF SERVICE FROM G Interim Payment Number C LAIM STATU S G Final Payment TO
G Supplemental Payment
I hereby certify that the above claim is for services rendered and is correct, and that I have not sought or received payment (compensation or anything of value) from any other source for these services. Signature of Claimant/Payee 18. C ER TIFIC ATIO N O F ATT O R N EY Signature of Attorney I hereby certify that the services w ere rendered for this case. Date
APPROVED FOR PAYMENT -- COURT USE ONLY
19. TO TAL CO M PEN SATIO N 23. G G 20. TR AV EL EX PEN SES 21. O THER EX PEN SES 22. TO TAL AM O U N T APPR O V ED /C ER TIFIED
Either the cost (excluding expenses) of these services does not exceed $500, or prior authorization w as obtained; O R In the interest of justice the C ourt finds that timely procurement of these necessary services could not aw ait prior authorization, even though the cost (excluding expenses) exceeds $500.
Signature of Presiding Judge 24. TO TAL CO M PEN SATIO N 25. TR AV EL EX PEN SES
D ate 26. O THER EX PEN SES
Judge C ode 27. TO TAL AM O U N T APPR O V ED
28. FO R R EPR ESEN TATIO N S C O M M EN C ED AN D APPELLATE PR O C EED IN G S IN W HIC H AN APPEAL IS PER FE C TED O N O R AFT ER APR IL 24, 1996, A. Total compensation and expense payments approved to date (include amounts withheld for interim payments) for investigative, expert and other services for this representation is $ B. Payment approved (compensation and expenses) in excess of the statutory threshold for investigative, expert and other services under 21 U.S.C. § 848(q)(10)(B).
Signature of C hief Judge, C ourt of Appeals (or D elegate)
Judge C ode