Free Suing the US - Kansas

File Size: 23.4 kB
Pages: 1
File Format: PDF
State: Kansas
Category: Court Forms - Federal
Author: kleininger
Word Count: 280 Words, 1,648 Characters
Page Size: Letter (8 1/2" x 11")

Download Suing the US ( 23.4 kB)

Preview Suing the US
If you are suing the United States Government
The Federal Rules say that when you sue the U.S. government, you will need to serve summonses on three separate parties. They are: 1. 2. 3. The head of the agency you are suing The United States Attorney in Kansas The United States Attorney General in Washington, D.C.

Even if you are suing a local government agency, you need to serve that office's headquarters, usually in Washington, D.C. For example, if you were injured at a local Post Office, you would actually serve the Postmaster General in Washington, not the local Post Office. In social security cases, the Regional Chief Counsel in Kansas City is served instead of the Commissioner. Your summonses should be directed to: Office of the Attorney General Department of Justice 10th & Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, D.C. 20530 United States Attorney 444 SE Quincy, Ste 290 Topeka, KS 66683 United States Attorney 1200 Epic Center 301 North Main Wichita, KS 67202

United States Attorney 360 Robert J. Dole United States Courthouse 500 State Avenue Kansas City, KS 66101 The head of the federal agency that you are suing. Some frequently named defendants include: Office of the Regional Chief Counsel, Region VII Social Security Administration 601 East 12th Street, Room 535 Kansas City, MO 64106-2898 U.S. Postmaster General 475 L'Enfant Plaza, S. W. Washington, D.C. 20260-0010 Secretary, Department of Treasury 1500 Pennsylvania Ave., N.W. Washington, D.C. 20260-0010 If you need an address not shown here, you can get help from the Federal Information Center, (800) 88-9889. Help is also available online at