Free Work For Hire Contract
Work for Hire Contracts are used when an individual is hired to create a work for another individual or company. This second party will retain the copyright in the work even though they are not the original creator. Work for Hire Contracts often cover compositions, illustrations and computer programs.
Disclaimer:This was not drafted by an attorney & should not be used as a legal document.
Work For Hire Agreement
This Work For Hire Agreement (“Agreement”) is made on _____________ by and between _____________________________________, hereinafter referred to as (“Client”) and ____________________ hereinafter referred to as (“Service Provider”).
WHEREAS, the Client hereby engages Service Provide to provide certain services to Client and Service Provider shall provide certain services to Client.
THEREFOR IN CONSIDERATION THEREOF, all parties herein hereby agree to the terms and conditions set forth below.
1. Services. Service Provider shall provide the following types of services as described below; _____________________________________________________________________________
2. Delivery. Service Provider shall deliver the requested services to Client on ________________. All services provided shall be done in a competent and workmanlike fashion in accordance with applicable standards of the profession and all services are subject to final approval by Company prior to payment.
3. Term. This agreement shall commence on _________________ and shall continue for a period of _______ (weeks/months/years).
4. Compensation. Client shall compensate Service Provider in the amount of $_____________.
5. Billing and Payment. Service Provider shall submit invoices to Client on a ______ bases. Client shall pay invoices within _____ days upon receipt of such invoice.
6. Copyright Ownership. Service Provider acknowledges that the service provided herein is for the benefit of Client’s use and that the services provider is being provided on a “work for hire” bases. The services performed shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of the Client. Client reserves the right to make any changes in, deletions from, or additions to the services performed.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties herein have executed this Work For Hire Agreement effective on the day and year first above-written.
Client Service Provider